8 ways to “give back” this holiday season
Everywhere we turn, it seems, we hear news of the economy and the impact it’s having on every American life. At this time of year with Thanksgiving upon us and the holiday season right around the corner, it may be hard to find ways to celebrate the season without breaking the bank.
Here are 8 simple ideas for giving back this holiday season. Most are no-cost, some little-cost, suggestions for helping others. And we all know one of the best ways to help yourself feel better is to help someone else.
1) Donate your old cell phone to victims of domestic violence at ncadv.org.
2) Forgive someone.
3) Tutor a budding writer at 826national.org.
4) Instead of giving the party hostess a bottle of wine, donate to a local charity in her name.
5) Save energy by shutting off your computer at day’s end.
6) Help fund supplies and field trips to underfunded public schools at donorschoose.org.
7) When you hear a siren, say a little prayer for the person(s) in need.
8) Use recyclable bags to grocery shop.
Give these a try and tell us about it in the comments. Or, share your ideas for meaningful, low cost, ways to “give back”.
Want more ideas?